I am staring at our reports... I find the following trends:

When these spammers send e-Mail, they use a bogus email such as:
(based on our log): [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Now looking at this e-Mail - this person has sent e-Mail to almost
everybody in the company in different bursts.  So lets say that we have
a temporary blacklist (since this email will never be used after so many
hours) that will block this user for so many hours and then will release
it.  This will save on the space needed to keep track of all the e-Mails
that will never be used but yet will save a lot of overhead during their
attack.

Of course the temporary blacklist will be in addition to the permanent
list that we are finding more and more companies that really need to be
blocked.  Two new comers to us are:

@permissionpass.com
.permissionpass.com
@your-info.net