A product that does just this is spambar.
Gets very enoying when someone on a mailing list starts use it and you
write to the list and you have to ack your message to this person.
Then someone else sees it start using it. ugh.

Tuesday, May 21, 2002, 08:22:33 AM, you wrote:

TH> I have to agree that this could be one of the most powerful tools yet to
TH> fight SPAM.  I would pay money for this even if it were a seperate product!
TH> A couple of questions about the implementation:

TH> 1- If the sender does not acknowledge the confirm request, do they go onto
TH> the blacklist?  This could be helpful if its given a TTL and when expired
TH> goes onto the blacklist. This would help reduce traffic when a spammer sends
TH> repeated messages.

TH> 2- Will it be server and per user based?  I don't want to configure anything
TH> on the client for this and I don't want to traffic to/from the client for
TH> confirm request/receipt.

TH> 3- Would it be specific to Imail?  Would it be a gateway in front of the
TH> mail server?

TH> 4- How will the onslaught of "undeliverable" messages be handled?  I would
TH> imagine that most of the SPAM messages would not have valid senders, and
TH> those would produce "undeliverable" messages.

TH> 5- If a message from a blacklisted address arrives, can it be put into a
TH> hold bin instead of deleted?  Maybe the Imail SPAM folder, so we can
TH> continue to SpamReview on them.

TH> Thanks and I want to push for this product!!

TH> Todd

Best regards,
 Eje Gustafsson                       mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
---
The Family Entertainment Network      http://www.fament.com
Phone : 620-231-7777                  Fax   : 620-231-4066
eBay UserID : macahan
          - Your Full Time Professionals -

site at http://www.declude.com .