We attempted implementing a test that counts the number of html comments
and found that it was impractical as it consistently captured a large
number of legitimate services. (Scott, you indicated that it might catch
some - our experience has been that it captures so many we had to drop
it.) I suspect that most systems will need to weight such a test very
lightly. Hope this helps.
However, that's the way spam control is heading. As more and more people get fed up with spam, more and more of the bozos that are doing things the wrong way will need to fix their problems.

I can understand an HTML E-mail having one or two comments in it, but 10 or 20 is just a waste of bandwidth. That is information the recipient will never see.

Declude: Anti-virus, Anti-spam and Anti-hijacking solutions for IMail. http://www.declude.com