From: R. Scott Perry [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, December 16, 2002 4:50 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [Declude.JunkMail] An optional web interface for Declude
JunkMail?

A lot of our customers seem to want a web interface to Declude JunkMail,
mostly so that customers can turn their spam settings on or off.

We haven't come up with something in the past, because it is very
complicated without a hook into web messaging, and it doesn't look like
Ipswitch is planning to add an interface to web messaging any time soon.

However, we are at the point where we are considering a web interface.  If
we do it, it would probably need to be done as an addon to Declude
JunkMail, mainly because the development and support costs would be fairly
high.  It would also have some drawbacks, being separate from web
messaging.  For example, it would require installing a separate service,
using a different port than 80 or 8383 for web access (which may cause
firewall problems), and having users enter their username/password a second
time (if they are already using web messaging).

Is this something that is important enough that it would be worthwhile?

[This e-mail was scanned for viruses by Pointshare's Virus Scanning Service]