-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of R. Scott Perry
Sent: Wednesday, December 18, 2002 10:50 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [Declude.JunkMail] Email failed Spamheaders

>I looked up the failed code for spamheaders and it said it failed because
of
>a bad from header.

The problem is with this header:

>From: " bob "<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

The issue is that there is no space or tab between the second quotation
mark and the "<".  Although a very thorough reading of the RFCs would show
that this is technically valid, it violates the principle of the RFCs, and
was most likely coded by someone who didn't read the RFCs.  This is common
in spam, but we haven't seen any legitimate mail clients that do this (I'm
guessing this E-mail was sent from a web page or something similar -- I
would also wager that "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" is not a valid Earthlink address).