> Paul, those last 3 tests are our in-house tests that may or may not be
> suitable for anyone else.
>
> The first of the three is an IPFILE test that contains our banned IPs.  We
> put them here instead of IMail because we like the logging of the
> mail-handling decisions to all be in Declude's log.

Same here, I have 3 seperate IP lists, IPLIST, mostly cable/DSL IPs, HighIP,
usually IPs like markedmail, etc. and KILLIP, 9 out of 10 is a foreign IP.
As you say, it's nice to have Declude log them, I did it because it was far
easier for me to add IPs to the killip file than going to the server and
updating the control access file.

> The second is a text FILTER test (only availabe with Declude JunkMail Pro)
> that has lots of snippets of spammish body text, including HTML content
tips
> posted here (notably Kami, Bill and Matthew) and our own list of keywords
> hint towards a body weight for spam that had made it through to mailboxes
> (e.g. last Christmas' little cars campaigns, and current mortgage and loan
> come-ons).  The test is called 'hint' because every filter line is a low
> weight.

Ok, same here.

> The third is another text FILTER test, and contains URI specific hints as
> well as blacklisted domains (high weights) we see in URLs.  I keep meaning
> to break this file in to two tests; the URI hints and the blacklisted
> domains.

I'd be interested in seeing that, if I may, I've got a BODYTEST set so far
with urls included, as well as phrases.

> The COMMENTS test scored so high because after running for a month with
the
> fixed weight option, and Scott's assurance that it only scores bogus
> comments and that I'd seen zero false positives,  I found that it was a
safe
> test, so I switched to the dynamic weight option, and score with a small
> base weight, and after that, it's up to the spammer as to how high the
score
> will get.

Hmm, I haven't yet adjusted my COMMENTS test to add weight, it simply adds a
WARN line, or HOLD above a certain limit.

> If you're interested in the URI hinting, I'd suggest that you look at
Kami's
> filter files, which are much cleaner than what I could offer.

Kami has been a BIG help to me, I've referenced his files many times.

I'd still like to check out those last 2 filters, if you don't mind. If you
do, I understand. =)

Paul