"Also, because you can try different tests without causing any problems by
simply using the LOG and/or IGNORE actions, there should be no hesitation to
see how a particular test will work in your environment."

I agree.. What we always do is add the test with a weight of Zero and use
the WARN action to simply watch the headers and see how the test behaves.
After a week or so of watching the spam then we simply add a weight between
1-5 depending on the response we see.  In time change the weight to what
makes sense..

Every test we have done has started with a weight of Zero and WARN action.

Just some thought..

Regards,
Kami