Ok, I didn't noticed how easy could spam pass this test.
Thanks Scott.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of R. Scott Perry
Sent: Friday, December 05, 2003 6:00 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [Declude.JunkMail] MAILFROM like Imail Test..

>Declude MAILFROM test check only the domain on the MAILFROM address
>But we recive a lot of SPAM with mailfrom like this.
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>since hotmail.com is a valid Domain, then the message pass the test
>
>Is there a test like the "Mailfrom" of Imail that test that the
>user really exists on the remote server ??

No.  The problem is that such a test is very resource intensive --
specifically, it will use about 10 times as much bandwidth as the MAILFROM
test, and will often have false negatives (E-mail addresses that do not
exist, but pass the test), and occasional false positives (E-mail addresses
that do exist, but fail the test).  Also, it will delay the delivery of the
E-mail by anywhere from several seconds to a minute or so (lots of
mailservers take a long time to respond to commands), as there are about 8
round trips that need to be made rather than just 1 -- and those round
trips also require more effort on the remote end.

Then, imagine if a spammer joe jobs you, using your E-mail address as the
return address.  If everyone plays this game, then your mailserver is going
to receive thousands to millions of hits in a very short period of time,
causing a DDoS attack on your server.

So I'm not a big fan of this type of test.

Declude JunkMail: The advanced anti-spam solution for IMail mailservers.
Declude Virus: Catches known viruses and is the leader in mailserver
vulnerability detection.
Find out what you've been missing: Ask about our free 30-day evaluation.