Brad, Sniffer does message based pattern matching (Pete, correct me if I am
wrong).  If you opt to separate the 20 or so tests that Sniffer currently
supports, then you can set whatever weight you want to each individual test.
Here is how I currently have the individual Sniffer tests defined in my
global.cfg (License ID and Authentication Code obscured):

SNIFFER-WHITELIST external 000 "M:\IMail\Declude\TPA\Sniffer\LicenseID.exe
AuthenticationCode" -5 0
SNIFFER-TRAVEL  external 047 "M:\IMail\Declude\TPA\Sniffer\LicenseID.exe
AuthenticationCode" 07 0
SNIFFER-INSURANCE external 048 "M:\IMail\Declude\TPA\Sniffer\LicenseID.exe
AuthenticationCode" 10 0
SNIFFER-AV-PUSH  external 049 "M:\IMail\Declude\TPA\Sniffer\LicenseID.exe
AuthenticationCode" 07 0
SNIFFER-WAREZ  external 050 "M:\IMail\Declude\TPA\Sniffer\LicenseID.exe
AuthenticationCode" 10 0
SNIFFER-SPAMWARE external 051 "M:\IMail\Declude\TPA\Sniffer\LicenseID.exe
AuthenticationCode" 10 0
SNIFFER-SNAKEOIL external 052 "M:\IMail\Declude\TPA\Sniffer\LicenseID.exe
AuthenticationCode" 10 0
SNIFFER-SCAMS  external 053 "M:\IMail\Declude\TPA\Sniffer\LicenseID.exe
AuthenticationCode" 10 0
SNIFFER-PORN  external 054 "M:\IMail\Declude\TPA\Sniffer\LicenseID.exe
AuthenticationCode" 12 0
SNIFFER-MALWARE  external 055 "M:\IMail\Declude\TPA\Sniffer\LicenseID.exe
AuthenticationCode" 12 0
SNIFFER-ADVERTISING external 056 "M:\IMail\Declude\TPA\Sniffer\LicenseID.exe
AuthenticationCode" 10 0
SNIFFER-SCHEMES  external 057 "M:\IMail\Declude\TPA\Sniffer\LicenseID.exe
AuthenticationCode" 10 0
SNIFFER-CREDIT  external 058 "M:\IMail\Declude\TPA\Sniffer\LicenseID.exe
AuthenticationCode" 10 0
SNIFFER-GAMBLING external 059 "M:\IMail\Declude\TPA\Sniffer\LicenseID.exe
AuthenticationCode" 10 0
SNIFFER-GREYMAIL external 060 "M:\IMail\Declude\TPA\Sniffer\LicenseID.exe
AuthenticationCode" 07 0
SNIFFER-OBFUSCATION external 061 "M:\IMail\Declude\TPA\Sniffer\LicenseID.exe
AuthenticationCode" 12 0
SNIFFER-SPAM  external 062 "M:\IMail\Declude\TPA\Sniffer\LicenseID.exe
AuthenticationCode" 07 0
SNIFFER-GENERAL  external 063 "M:\IMail\Declude\TPA\Sniffer\LicenseID.exe
AuthenticationCode" 12 0

You would need to adjust the weights to fit your own needs.  However, this
will at least give you a starting point.

Bill