Hi Darin,

For the sake or arguement, I'm assuming one keeps one's server and up-to-date, patched, and takes prudent efforts to secure these devices. Most people probably don't secure workstations well enough. The server side of the equation is too complex.

I don't think you (as an individual) can prevent spam from being sent. You can only control the email that you send and the actions you take in response to spam. You as an administator can prevent Spam from being sent outbound, but beyond securing the server and taking prudent measures your users are going to have to put up with false positives. Businesses run on email, and I'm not sure most companies would be willing to take such risks.

Burzin