Pete McNeil wrote:

A tip-off is that the counter to this argument is up-front in their
proposal. Specifically that they will create and manage a mechanism that
tracks the end-user's subscrbe/unsubscribe requests... I think this is a
lot like putting the foxes in charge of the hen house.

I thought the tip-off was where they claimed that 15% of legitimate commercial E-mail was being blocked :)

The good thing is that this will go no where because there are too many of us, and if it's unwanted and we block it, it only makes them look all the worse. As things stand, they have a lot of catching up to do. You don't create a monopoly out of anarchy.