> However, it may not be very easy to integrate syslogging
> support into Declude.  I am curious to know if the majoriety
> of folks would prefer that the focus of the developer(s) be
> maintained on developing new spam features versus re-tooling
> Declude to work with a syslog daemon.  Depending on the
> amount of work my preference (if a lot of work was required)
> would be to spend the time working on new spam detection features.

In my opinion definitely on new or enhanced features. The todo list is long
enough and spammers don't wait until we have solved our logging problems.

Maybe it would be the easiest solution change logging like describbed by
Andrew Colbeck: Save all logfile lines into a temporary variable including
cr/lf and write them to the logfile after finishing al tests.

We do this in SpamChk and had never had any problem with broken/mixed log
lines. In addition we have all logfile entries for one message in one block.
So it's easier to read.

Markus