----- Original Message -----
From: "Markus Gufler" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> > However, it may not be very easy to integrate syslogging
> > support into Declude.  I am curious to know if the majoriety
> > of folks would prefer that the focus of the developer(s) be
> > maintained on developing new spam features versus re-tooling
> > Declude to work with a syslog daemon.  Depending on the
> > amount of work my preference (if a lot of work was required)
> > would be to spend the time working on new spam detection features.
>
> In my opinion definitely on new or enhanced features. The todo list is
long
> enough and spammers don't wait until we have solved our logging problems.
>
> Maybe it would be the easiest solution change logging like describbed by
> Andrew Colbeck: Save all logfile lines into a temporary variable including
> cr/lf and write them to the logfile after finishing al tests.
>
> We do this in SpamChk and had never had any problem with broken/mixed log
> lines. In addition we have all logfile entries for one message in one
block.
> So it's easier to read.

I agree, Markus, I have never seen any corrupted log entries in SpamChk and
all entries for a particular message are always together, never interspersed
with other message tests.  I would love it if Declude could do this, as
well.  Oh well, can't have everything, I guess - but it doesn't hurt to
dream...  ;-)

Bill