From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Dan Geiser
Sent: Tuesday, April 20, 2004 9:48 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [Declude.JunkMail] Scaling Up The Declude Weighting System

Hello, All,
Over the year or so that I've been reading the discussions on this list it seems I've read quite a bit about people scaling their weights up, i.e. instead of having a HOLD weight of 10, you might have a HOLD weight of 100 and then you adjust the corresponding test weights accordingly.  Assuming that what I've read is correct, for those who uses this scaled up system...

What sort of benefit is is that you feel that you receive from doing this?  Does it allow a more granular tuning of your weighting system?  Are there any other benefits I'm not thinking of?  Does having a hold weight of 100, for example, help you think more clearly about each test being a percentage of the overall HOLD weight?

I'm doing a major overhaul of Declude JunkMail configuration and I figured if a scaled up weight system is the best way to do things then I might want to implement that now.

Thanks In Advance For Your Comments!

Dan Geiser
[EMAIL PROTECTED]