Where can we purchase the command line scanner?

Thanks,

Aaron Caviglia

On May 17, 2004, at 8:23 PM, Goran Jovanovic wrote:

For the latter there is an outstanding request to Scott to
kill additional scanning once a scanner detects a virus..

So right now if you use multiple scanners when you scan with ScannerA and it finds a virus Declude will still call ScannerB and have it scan as well?

Scott pointed out that his McAfee was only $11.00 for the year so the
price barrier is "non-existant" and I see from your and Scott's

Thank you all

     Goran Jovanovic
     The LAN Shoppe

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:Declude.JunkMail-
[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Nick Hayer
Sent: Monday, May 17, 2004 10:03 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [Declude.JunkMail] f-prot

On 17 May 2004 at 9:13, Goran Jovanovic wrote:

For the folks using multiple scanners, do you have any stats on how
often the secondary scanner found a virus that the first one missed?
Hi Goran,

Here are my latest stats:
Virus Totals:
    441 F-Prot
    412 AVG
    446 McAfee
-----------------
Vunerabilities:
349
-----------------

I update the defs for all every 4 hrs on a staggered schedule.
Because of possible false positives I have found it hard to rank one
particular scanner over another. For me the advantage to have more
than one is one [varies] company will always come out with protection
for a new outbreak before another. The downside is cost and cpu
overhead. For the latter there is an outstanding request to Scott to
kill additional scanning once a scanner detects a virus..

-Nick Hayer

I realize that the cost of F-Prot (which I am using) is quite low
and
others might be as well, so it is not a cost issue but rather a "Do
really need it?".

Thanx

Goran Jovanovic The LAN Shoppe