A case of the bug guy bullying everyone else...instead of fixing the problem and looking further up the chain to see the actual sender.

On another note, they can't get their feedback loop notifications straight.  We get a ton of them from a neighboring IP range.  6 weeks, half a dozen phone hour-long phone calls, two trouble tickets, and an escalated case number later and they still can't get it fixed.

Darin.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, June 09, 2004 5:14 PM
Subject: RE: [Declude.JunkMail] Off Topic? - Complaints from AOL

Problem is AOL’s new REPORT SPAM button. What happens is a user on your server has his Imail forward his e-mail to his AOL address. When that user gets spam, he hits the REPORT SPAM button. Guess what, he just reported YOUR IP address.

Another example of AOL stupidity.

There response to my complaint about this, (which they admit has become a big problem,) is we have to educate our users not to use the AOL button.

Since when are we paid to support AOL?

John Tolmachoff

Engineer/Consultant/Owner

eServices For You