Title: Message
>> but why change the logs to single lines and not at the same time seek to normalize the format  <<

They were not changed to single lines?

Single lines of ONE message were grouped together - rather than scattered about. They are still single lines - just the ORDER of their appearance in the log has changed. They are no longer sorted strictly by "time" but rather by message.

May be I misunderstand what you are looking at?

Best Regards
Andy Schmidt

H&M Systems Software, Inc.
600 East Crescent Avenue, Suite 203