Will,

This is a bug in 2.0.6 and I have seen it as well.  In fact I have opened a
support ticket on this.  This is what I have found in regards to this under
2.0.6.  When a Declude process finishes processing a message it checks to
see if there any files are in the overflow directory.  If there are files in
the overflow and you are under your max declude processes it will spawn a
Declude process to work on the overflow directory.  What I have seen is that
under high load something goes wrong with this process and Declude will
launch Declude processes until the server crashes (or exhibits symptoms like
you described).  I suspect this occurs because the box is so loaded Declude
is unable to get an accurate Declude process count so it seems to think it
is under its max limit when it is not.

I did catch all of this in debug mode and the Declude support department is
working on the issue although I have not heard an update to it in a while.
I would suggest you open a support ticket on this issue as well.

To combat this I switched from AV first to AV after Junkmail this has
dropped the boxes load down considerably.

The other thing I would suggest you do is look at our QueueMon product which
will monitor the Imail and Declude queue and notify you /and/or run an
external script to recover in situations like this.

Darrell
Check out http://www.invariantsystems.com for utilities for Declude And
Imail.  IMail Queue Monitoring, Declude Overflow Queue Monitoring, SURBL/URI
integration, MRTG Integration, and Log Parsers.