> I have been hesitant to do our own DNS services because of others who
> have told me doing your own DNS can become a full time job.  I am
> assuming they are talking about a registered DNS server when every
> hacker in the world wants to play with it.  I hadn't thought about
> activating DNS though.  We are running a 2000 server and I would have
> to figure out how to turn it on.  We will be going to 2003 soon if we
> can ever get the servers running correctly.  I hate hardware!!

I have been running my own DNS servers for 4 years and never have had a
problem or compromise. At one point a couple years ago, Len Conrad even ran
some tests against my servers and they passed fine.

On my Imail server, DNS service is running as a cache only server and is for
use only for Imail and Declude. There are no domains configured. This
configuration speeds up the process for both Imail and Declude.

On my 3 DNS servers, I have about 45 domain zones on them. Once a zone is
set up, there is no maintaining it unless a record has to change.

John T
eServices For You

---
[This E-mail was scanned for viruses by Declude EVA www.declude.com]