-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Colbeck, Andrew
Sent: Tuesday, May 23, 2006 6:26 PM
To: Declude.JunkMail@declude.com
Subject: RE: [Declude.JunkMail] Experience with 4.x

Thanks, David.

I've read all of the support forum emails that have been posted on the
WINSOCKCLEANUP and even reviewed them again via the mail archive website
before my own implementation.

What I haven't been able to tell is whether I can diagnose this issue if I
have it before it becomes an outage.

Can it only be detected by it's side-effect of filling up the proc folder?

If I have a mechanism on my IMail server that does DNS queries... Will they
fail when the WinSock needs being cleaned up?  I think not, as at least one
posting specifically mentioned that IMail IP4R tests worked when DecludeProc
IP4R tests timed out.

Your official description for "WINSOCKCLEANUP ON" says "...network stack
causing loss of functionality for basic network operations"; is this
deliberately generic so that you don't have to explain what a DNS test is,
or does it imply that other IP communications will also fail, e.g.
SMTP and (critically for me) RDP?

Andrew.

http://www.mail-archive.com.