Glenn,

I understand that logs might be difficult for you to post, but I would like to suggest that everyone experiencing such issues should attempt to share log entries if at all feasible.  That would go a long way, especially when there could be multiple issues occurring that people are speaking about in one thread.

So far it looks like every message was sent from a null sender that was reported to the list.

Could people also confirm if they have settings for weight-based tests configured with actions in their Global.cfg?  Something like:

    WEIGHT10      SUBJECT [SPAM]
    WEIGHT20      HOLD
    WEIGHT30      DELETE

Needless to say, when a half dozen people post about issues like this, it would be nice to get some list feedback from Declude within 8 hours.  There's no sense in keeping this all a secret.  Since I haven't heard anything back about this stuff, I have to now go on a goose chase in my system trying to figure out if there is an issue without even knowing exactly what it is.  That wastes a lot of time when multiplied by the dozens of people that might react the same way on this list to such reports.

Thanks,

Matt

Glenn \ WCNet wrote:
I've had a swarm of stock-quote spam in the last few days.  Declude 1.81, Imail 7.15.  Appears from the headers there are no Declude tests running at all on these msgs, but there are Declude headers added.  Majority are null senders.  Various IPs.  Some have my addy referenced as an X-RCPT, some do not.  Majority also have an SMTP-FWD header.  Those that are to legitimate recipients on my host, none of them (that I've checked thus far) have a fowarding addy set.  Some but not all are being sent using The Bat! client.  My Declude logs run up to 800MB per day, difficult to search them for details.