> I just found this open source alternative. It comes prebuilt as a VMware
> virtual Appliance.

> http://www.groundworkopensource.com/

> It also seems to have an active community.

Yes,  as  do  Zabbix and Zenoss. FOSS monitoring is a growing field. I
personally  prefer  an  ISO or the true OS when running something like
this. Good way to learn VMWare, though. :)

Also  bear  in  mind  that  they are usually bundling preexisting FOSS
tools, such as RRDtool and MRTG, etc., with a unified GUI. They're not
built  from scratch. Anyway, they may fill the bill just fine for you,
as  would  the Lite versions of commercial tools. You didn't spell out
your technical requirements, so I wouldn't know....

--Sandy

Sanford Whiteman, Chief Technologist
Broadleaf Systems, a division of
Cypress Integrated Systems, Inc.
e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

SpamAssassin plugs into Declude!
  http://www.imprimia.com/products/software/freeutils/SPAMC32/download/release/

Defuse Dictionary Attacks: Turn Exchange or IMail mailboxes into IMail Aliases!

http://www.imprimia.com/products/software/freeutils/exchange2aliases/download/release/

http://www.imprimia.com/products/software/freeutils/ldap2aliases/download/release/