From: Matt
To: declude.junkmail@declude.com
Sent: Thursday, June 28, 2007 12:37 PM
Subject: Re: [Declude.JunkMail] Re: PDF spam detection

Here's a piece of RegEx code that should work for blank bodies with a PDF and
this particular spammer so long as he is forging Thunderbird:

-+[0-9]+\r\n(?:[a-zA-Z\-]+: [^\r]+\r\n)+(?:\r\n){1,}-+[0-9]+\r\n(?:[a-zA-Z\-]+:
[^\r]+\r\n)*Content-Type: application/pdf;

Note that I have not tested this, but the code is in fact fairly simple and it
should work.

Matt

Darin Cox wrote:
  So far all that I've seen have a blank body with the pdf attachment.

  Anyone have any ideas as to how to test for a blank body, or one with only
whitespace characters?  The new PCRE function can do it, but we're still on
2.0.6 at the moment, waiting until IMail 2006.21 comes out and passes testing.

  I'm thinking a blank body test with PDF attachment detection should result in
very few FPs.  Still possible, but hopefully enough to hold on until a better
detection method can be found.

  Darin.