Hi Declude folks,

We have been testing a blacklist based on real-time GBUdb data (generated from Message Sniffer).

We have decided to experiment with opening up the blacklist for a wider audience and so as of now you can use truncate.gbudb.net as an ip4r test.

You should get a result of 127.0.0.1 if the IP is well into the truncate range -- That is: truncate.gbudb.net is designed to be ultra-conservative so that it should be safe to reject connections based on the test in most cases. This also means that it won't block everything -- only the worst of the worst. That said, the folks who have been testing it have reported that it did drop a significant amount of traffic from their systems on average.

Please keep us all posted about how it's working for you.

Thanks,

_M