On 4/29/2010 10:06 PM, Andy Schmidt wrote:

Thanks – I activated it in my gateway and will report back after a day or so.

Question:

a)      Does it have TXT records that holds additional info that can be returned in the 5.7.1 message to the sender?

Right now all of the TXT records say "GBUdb Cloud Truncate c > 0.2, p > 0.9"
As we continue to develop this that may change to provide other (better?) information.

b)      Is there a lookup URL that can be included in the 5.7.1 message that people can use to learn about your service, learn about the listing/de-listing policy (and determine the status of their IP address in case of a false positive)?

When we bring the gbudb.com site online we will explain how the IPs are listed. We may develop a link mechanism to look up specific data on each IP after a time.

As for listing and de-listing -- that is automatic and is generally described in the Message Sniffer documentation about GBUdb. If the general population of Message Sniffer nodes are reporting that a message source produces virtually nothing but spam then it will be listed. If those reports go away or their character changes then the listing will change also - and fairly quickly: days if traffic for the IP disappears; hours or perhaps minutes if the character of the traffic from the source changes.

Best,

_M