From: delphi-boun...@delphi.org.nz [mailto:delphi-boun...@delphi.org.nz] On
Behalf Of Phil Scadden
Sent: Wednesday, 17 June 2009 1:33 p.m.
To: NZ Borland Developers Group - Delphi List
Subject: Re: [DUG] Embarcadero article

> Garbage collection is what I really want, but it's a long way down the list
> of what will ever get added to Delphi :(

Then use C#. I want Delphi as a C++ replacement with as few  compromises
as possible, not C#. That said, the C# programming model has things I
wouldnt mind in the language - data bound objects, decent object
inspector and the dynamic interface thingies. Of course, if you are
doing 64 bit, would MPI support be too much to ask as well?

--
Phil Scadden, Senior Scientist GNS Science Ltd 764 Cumberland St,
Private Bag 1930, Dunedin, New Zealand Ph +64 3 4799663, fax +64 3 477 5232

Notice: This email and any attachments are confidential. If received in error
please destroy and immediately notify us. Do not copy or disclose the contents.