From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Cosmin Prund
Sent: Monday, July 23, 2007 11:14 AM
To: Borland's Delphi Discussion List
Subject: RE: Problems while creating/running apps for Vista

I think you need to change the temp folder for the installation, after
the BDE has installed. It goes something like this. You go to Control
Panel, open the applet, change the temp folder to something you know BDE
has the right to write (I used C:\Temp and gave everyone permission to
write there). You click whatever button is required to apply the change.
The control panel applet hangs. You close it from Task Manager and
subsequently your BDE applications work :-)

This worked for me. It's in a working part of a program so it hasn't
been touched for a very, very long time (if it aint broke don't fix it).
It's now time to change as I don't like the instructions I just gave.

--
Cosmin Prund