Hi All,

The issues with the program files folder makes me think that this is the death of the program files location for small developers such as myself. I find it useful and very convenient to store my programs and data in the one location. My programs are small and my data is an integral part of the program, therefore it makes sense to me to have them in the same location, and makes it easier for my users (who know less about computers than most) to keep track of their "stuff".

I can't help think Microsoft are less interested in protecting the end-user than lining their own pockets. If Vista is capable of detecting an old-style setup program and create the "virtual program files folder", then surely it's capable of displaying the UAC or whatever it's called to ask for confirmation that overwriting a program is ok. "You are about to replace a program stored in the program files folder, is this ok?"

Cheers,
Chris.