On Mon, 19 Aug 2019 at 18:56, Richard Shann <rich...@rshann.plus.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 2019-08-19 at 17:32 +0200, Lib Lists wrote:
> > On Thu, 15 Aug 2019 at 13:22, Richard Shann <rich...@rshann.plus.com>
> > wrote:

> > > The View window should only reappear on start up only if the
> > > Continuous
> > > Typesetting was set when Denemo was shutdown. You can check this by
> > > looking at the file .denemo-2.2.0/denemorc which will contain an
> > > entry
> > >
> > > <manualtypeset>1</manualtypeset>
> > >
> > > if continuous typesetting was unset or
> > >
> > > <manualtypeset>0</manualtypeset>
> > >
> > > if continuous typesetting was set.
> > >
> > > Do both of the symptoms you describe occur when Continuous
> > > Typesetting
> > > is off? That would, indeed be bizarre...
> >
> > Hi, when I restart Denemo with Continuous Typesetting Off the Print
> > View window doesn't appear. Unfortunately it comes back as soon as I
> > type something in a pop-up.
>
> This sounds quite bizarre. As a final check, can you open the Scheme
> Window and put
>
> (d-GetUserInput)
>
> in the CLI box and press Enter to execute it. When enter something in
> the dialog that pops up and press return does the Print View appear?
> No additional code should be executed at that point - the value is just
> being discarded, so nothing should happen.

Hi, just tried, the Print View appears.

> I think the only way to make progress would be to use a debugger to
> find out how this is coming about - do you have gdb installed on your
> Mac?

No, and it seems quite difficult to install it on a mac. However, I
have lldb installed. I'd like to try with it before going through gdb
installation. https://lldb.llvm.org/use/map.html
Could you give me some hints on how to proceed?

> >  In that case the Print View is grey, i.e.
> > there's no score (obviously) but still it comes back to focus on the
> > foreground, on top of the Denemo Display. Also, the Print View window
> > doesn't remember its position when restarting Denemo, but it always
> > comes back on the left-hand side. Is that the intended behaviour?
>
> The print view does come back centered if it has been left in
> Continuous Typesetting, I think ideally all windows would remember
> where they were positioned the last time Denemo was shut down.

In my case the Print View appears always at the upper-left corner.
It'd be nice if the windows would remember their position and size.

Lib