https://github.com/mray/Snowdrift-Design/tree/master/mray%20website%20mockups%20/current

> [...]
> the middle of a town without trees.
> I want to make the first impression NOT after secondary stuff. The stark
> contrast between foreground and background is by design. We have two
> heroes that are shovelling away lots and lots of snow, that is what you
> need to recognize immediately when looking at the landing page. Less so
> the trees.
>

> > I still would like to have more of a bank of snow on the side of the
> > road, maybe both sides, just a better sense of dimension where one can
> > get the idea of the snowdrift more clearly, like how my drawing on the
> > current live intro has a sense that there's some high snow right up
> > close. What you have is already better though vs before.
> >

> The main quality of a massive bank of snow like in your early image is
> that they block the view. So this necessarily comes at the cost of the
> scenery that could be seen otherwise, we can't have lots of both.
>

> > I think "Join us in setting the world free!" mostly detracts from the
> > slogan since it is the same sort of message but just more wordy and
> > different. I also think the "Let's clear the path" text is redundant to
> > the button text (and I like 'Let's clear…' better).
>
> I think you are absolutely right, the text does not fit in this form.
>

> > I think we should reconsider the existence and details about the big
> > landing page button. I've never really liked a wordy button that says
> > "how we clear the path". And the "how it works" thing is prominent
> > enough now in the navbar.
>
> I'd be happy if we can find any less wordy button text.
>

> > The thing I think I'd like to see is some sort of indication about the
> > metaphor that gets at "what is the snowdrift dilemma?" or something like
> > that, where the "how it works" part describes our solution, and the key
> > item we otherwise are pointing people to is about getting them to
> > recognize the problem in the first place.
> >

> Explaining our theme clearly is a secondary goal.
> As long as it does not interfere much with the mechanisms to get to our
> primary goal I'm happy to heat about suggestions.
> I think the whole "Why that name" issue can be dealt with in a FAQ or
> some place else - not the landing page.
>
> > On the pledging view and elsewhere: you have a real problem with the
> > word "patron"? We went around discussing this a long while back and felt
> > that term was the clearest, despite no term being perfect. You seem to
> > be avoiding it. I see "co-donor" (which I don't really like) and
> > "supporter" and "supporters" which is fine but isn't the term we've been
> > using. Is there something wrong in your view with "patrons"?
> >

> No, I don' hold a specific grudge about that word. I do have my issues
> with finding a name for what we need to describe.
> I also think we lack catchy terminology in general. Like "flattr a
> thing" can easily be used in any context. Would be gread if we had a
> "snowdrift a project" equivalent that made sense and was catchy.

"Grab a shovel"?  "Start shoveling"?  Something to do with a shovel,
implying that they are the ones about to perform the action of assisting
with the removal of the snowdrift.

> Similarly Donor, Patron and Supporter all fall short of what we need.
> First: we need something that can be used consistently in any context.
> Second: all those terms suggest roles that totally miss our network
> effect angle, and in general any tie to our system specifically.
> Patreon kind of claimed a term already, Donor can be anybody with a
> paypal account and Supporters can be people that contribute
> translations, too. We would need an equivalent for "Snowdrifter",
> ideally highlighting the interconnectedness of people that share the
> value of FLO and one project specifically.
> Why not invent a word that gives us "I'm a Snowdrifter" and "I
> snowdrifted that thing." ?

How about simply "drifter"?  I know it can have other connotations, but
given the name of the site, I don't think people would automatically
assumable wrong connotation.