Hello Mats,

To figure out what is going on there I would like to ask a few
informations from you:

1. The distribution of Linux you're using:
    lsb_release -d

2. The version of deja-dup and duplicity:
    (if on Ubuntu or Debian:)
    dpkg-query -W deja-dup duplicity

    (if on Fedora or other RPM-based systems:)
    rpm -q deja-dup duplicity

3. The file /tmp/deja-dup.gsettings after running the following line (you may
want to scrub the file of any incriminating file names or details):
    gsettings list-recursively org.gnome.DejaDup > /tmp/deja-dup.gsettings

4. The file /tmp/deja-dup.log after running the line below and
replicating the problem (you may want to scrub the log of any
incriminating file names or details):

    DEJA_DUP_DEBUG=1 deja-dup --backup | tail -n 1000 > /tmp/deja-
dup.log

Thanks in advance

Vej

** Changed in: deja-dup (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to deja-dup in Ubuntu.

  Deja-dup fails to create encrypted backup

Status in deja-dup package in Ubuntu:

  Attempting to create a full backup to a SMB NAS, succeeds if backup is
  set to unencrypted. Fails if password is specified.

  Symptom: deja-dup loops endlessly through "scanning" -> "encryption
  password needed" -> "require password?" and round and round.

  Possibly related to recent gnupg options changes? Creating a GPG key
  pair for enigmail to use was the last major change i made to my set-up
  since the last time these back-ups succeeded. If that's the cause,
  i'll be darned if i can work out what to revert where.