Because these phose are $80. Cheap phones means cheap infrastructure
and support. Really wish they would just stop trying to lock them down
and just sell them rooted. 99% of these are being used by developers on an
alpha operating system. Why make them jump through all the hoops to be
able to flash nightlies to the device? I have no idea how much
influence that Mozilla has over them, but maybe Mozilla should just
take over the support for these and just buy the hardware from ZTE and
resell it.