On 8/11/2012 8:14 AM, Robert O'Callahan wrote:

    As a partial aside, I think it might be *better* if the OMTC
    thread was the thread which actually processed windows events,
    especially if we didn't ever need to block the OMTC thread on the
    main gecko thread and merely dispatch them asynchronously: this
    could significantly improve our situation with plugin hangs (but
    it would probably cause problems with accessibility and perhaps a
    few other situations).

I think making the HWND message loop thread not be the main thread would be very hard. Drag and drop and IME for example require synchronous processing.
How does Chrome do this? I know for 99% certain that they do not block the root process which processes windows events on the content processes. I know that this is a big deal for a11y (which was one of the big problems facing e10s), but ISTM that D&D and IME are probably solved problems.

--BDS