On Sat, Sep 20, 2014 at 11:03 AM, Karl Dubost <kdub...@mozilla.com> wrote:
> My biggest issue with HTML5 spec is that it is too big to be meaningfully
> implementable and/or testable.

Yeah the W3C crowd keeps saying that, yet hasn't invested any
meaningful effort into creating modules.

> It's here where I have a disconnect with the first comment. Be whatwg spec or
> w3c spec if we dim that a comprehensive test suite is important then there
> should be one whatever the stamp on the text. If we think it's not that
> important, it doesn't matter if it's w3c or not.

The problem is that the W3C publishes something that is 500 commits
behind what they copied from and claims it's interoperable while the
test coverage is mediocre. That may be fine for PP purposes and
getting your logo in the press, but if you want to get converge across
implementations you need a specification that is developed in tandem
with implementations.

--
https://annevankesteren.nl/