Le 14 avr. 2015 à 10:43, imfasterthanneutr...@gmail.com a écrit :
> I don't think the current CA system is broken.

The current CA system creates issues for certain categories of population. It
is broken in some ways.

> The domain name registration is also centralized, but almost every website
> has a hostname, rather than using IP address, and few people complain about
> this.

Two points:

1. You do not need to register a domain name to have a Web site (IP address)
2. You do not need to register a domain name to run a local blah.test.site

Both are still working and not deprecated in browsers ^_^

Now the fact to have to rent your domain name ($$$) and that all the URIs are
tied to this is in terms of permanent identifiers and the fabric of time on
information has strong social consequences. But's that another debate than the
one of this thread on deprecating HTTP in favor of HTTPS.

I would love to see this discussion happening in Whistler too.

--
Karl Dubost, Mozilla
http://www.la-grange.net/karl/moz