On Mon, Apr 13, 2015 at 7:03 PM, Martin Thomson <m...@mozilla.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 13, 2015 at 3:53 PM, Eugene <imfasterthanneutr...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > In addition to APIs, I'd like to propose prohibiting caching any
> resources loaded over insecure HTTP, regardless of Cache-Control header, in
> Phase 2.N.
>
> This has some negative consequences (if only for performance).  I'd
> like to see changes like this properly coordinated.  I'd rather just
> treat "caching" as one of the features for Phase 2.N.

That seem sensible.

I was about to propose a lifetime limit on caching (say a few hours?) to
limit the persistence scope of MitM, i.e., require periodic re-infection.
There may be ways to circumvent this (e.g., the MitM's code sending cache
priming requests), but it seems incrementally better.

--Richard