Here's something to consider. I've seen my friend Jen Simmons encourage
people to use voting as a way to tell us that it's important to them for
Firefox to support a particular html or css feature. Here's a recent
example https://twitter.com/jensimmons/status/601184865732534272 - the bug
mentioned has 41 votes on it. I just did a little looking around and other
than adding a comment to the relevant bug the only other method of giving
us feedback seems to be to dump it in
https://input.mozilla.org/feedback/firefox

Maybe it's moot because we're not influenced by votes but if you're not a
mozilla insider how do express support for something without spamming the
bug?

- Michael

On Thu, Jun 11, 2015 at 11:33 AM, Gervase Markham <g...@mozilla.org> wrote:

> On 09/06/15 23:07, Mark Côté wrote:
> > I would ask, then, what the purpose of the feature is.  If we know it
> > isn't used to make decisions, why use it?  The only thing I can think of
> > is as a sort of "spam honeypot", to get people to not "+1" or "me too"
> > bugs, but this seems strange at best and actively misleading at worst.
>
> It used to do this job extremely well; I have no information on how true
> that is today, as developers seem rather free to say "actually, we
> ignore votes"...
>
> Gerv

Michael Verdi • blog.mozilla.org/verdi • irc: verdi