On Fri, Jun 12, 2015 at 3:49 AM, Ehsan Akhgari <ehsan.akhg...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 2015-06-11 2:51 PM, Jared Wein wrote:
>>
>> DevTools does something like this with UserVoice. I don't think we should
>> get rid of voting unless we replace it with something else (UserVoice is a
>> good alternative).
>>
>> There are plenty of people that recommend others to "vote" on bugs that
>> they want prioritized, and us removing voting will make it look to the
>> outsider that Mozilla is becoming more "closed".
>
> Well, but in most components, such recommendations are misleading since
> developers pay little if any attention to votes.  Personally I'd prefer to
> not be redirected to /dev/null.  :-)

Indeed. It feels pretty dishonest of us to keep a voting feature that
isn't payed attention to.

I also don't think it works as a way to stop people from adding '+1'
comments. All bugs that I've seen that get enough votes that +1
comments would have been distracting, *also* get enough +1 comments
that the bug effectively becomes useless.

/ Jonas