On Mon, Oct 26, 2015 at 9:20 AM, Robert Kaiser <ka...@kairo.at> wrote:
> Jonas Sicking schrieb:
>>
>> I definitely think that some aspects of Firefox development has gotten
>> easier thanks to the split.
>
> I'd like to see which. I don't see much that has gotten easier *because of
> the split*. I see a lot that has gotten easier because we change platform
> and Firefox (mostly) without caring if we break Thunderbird or SeaMonkey

For two reasons.

First of all it'll be hard for developers to tell that they don't have
to fix certain pieces of code. A simple grep will turn up all hits in
the tree, whether they live in thunderbird code or not. And, at least
currently, mxr/dxr would return hits for all code.

Given that people are already feeling pressure to fix up thunderbird
code when they land patches, I can only see that pressure increasing
when you don't even need to pull a separate tree.

/ Jonas