On May 21, 2016 7:45 AM, "Honza Bambas" <hbam...@mozilla.com> wrote:
> But that doesn't mean "a fixed length input stream" - actually I may not
even follow how you have translated this to you.

Sorry, I was thinking a single OnDataAvailable call for the one IPC call
just passing the stream.  Clearly that won't work, though.

> As I understand, your impl of Available() may return _different_ number
of bytes than the stream is then able to deliver when Read/ReadSegments on
it is called, right?  Can you explain why?

No.  Available() should work fine.  It's just an nsPipeInputStream.

So we should be able to loop and call ODA for each ReadSegments callback
after the IPC hop.

Sorry for my confusion.

Ben