From: Enrico Weigelt, metux IT consult
Sent: July 24, 2017 1:35 PM
To: Ben Kelly; Anne van Kesteren
Cc: dev-platform
Subject: Re: Intent to remove: sensor APIs

On 24.07.2017 13:57, Ben Kelly wrote:
 > On Mon, Jul 24, 2017 at 5:10 AM, Anne van Kesteren <ann...@annevk.nl>
wrote:

 >> * Device orientation
 >>

 > Isn't this one required to build a decent web experience on mobile
for some
 > sites?

Could you please define "decent web experience" ?

Maybe I'm just old, but I absolutely don't want an website know anything
about my local devices. Window size and resolution is fine, but ambient
conditions seriously crossed the red line of what I'd ever allow on my
machines.

I've already started patching out that stuff.

Same for things like USB devices, or all that "cloud" stuff.

--mtx