True, true.  For example, if the ambient light sensing could deliver the kind
of “estimation of ambient lighting” that Apple’s ARKit does, we could use that
in rendering.

But, one question will be:  what of these capabilities should just be part of
“WebAR”, and which can be used effectively independent of WebAR?  Especially
when we think of issues discussed on this thread (e.g., threat models and
security) having “things needed for AR” folded into WebAR, and accessible in
the context of whatever permission model WebAR ends up using may be the way we
want to go.

--
Blair MacIntyre
Principal Research Scientist