On Jul 24, 2017, at 4:38 PM, Enrico Weigelt, metux IT consult
<enrico.weig...@gr13.net> wrote:

> On 24.07.2017 15:07, Mike Hoye wrote:
>>
>> I have a sense that as AR gets richer and more nuanced that ambient
>
> Are we still talking about browsers ?

Yes.

There are plenty of websites that use deviceorientation, for example to let you
pan around a panographic photo or a 3D “scene” using the orientation of your
mobile device.

Most websites that use WebVR prefer to use “real” WebVR APIs, but on most
mobile browsers (which don’t support them) use deviceorientation to support a
“3DOF” (just orientation) view in the world.

We are working on adding AR capabilities to the browser, and this will
(similarly) need to know device orientation.