@Anne van Kesteren

Thanks for your feedback. As you have the much deeper knowledge about these
thinks, I think it would be better if you file that bug? I think you can get
the report much more to the point than I could describe it?

Related Question: In my Add-On I made the transition from fetch() to
nsIHttpChannel to get around the reported bug. But now I am stuck again :-) Is
there a flag in the channel somewhere I can check after getting the 401, if
nsIHttpChannel did not find any valid auth method, so I can try to manually
parse the header in that case (until this is fixed)?