On Wednesday, October 30, 2019 at 4:53:55 AM UTC+11, Steve Fink wrote:
> I really ought to put my decade-old desktop into action again. My last
> attempt was with icecc, and though it worked pretty well when it worked,
> the pain in keeping it alive wasn't worth the benefit.

Thanks Steve... so it does really sound like perhaps just investing in more
individual computing power might be the way to go. I think that's ok... even if
it means, in my own case, personally paying the extra "Apple Tax" for a Mac Pro
once they are released (I guess I'd be looking at ~US$10,000). The increased
productivity might make it worth it tho.