Encoding an IP Address in a dNSName is not permitted by the BRs.  This is what
Peter's "_ipv4_not_allowed_here" rule refers to, IIUC.
[JR] I suppose that is true under 7.1.4.2.1 but how would you get the browsers
to work back then? Chrome and IE did not process ipAddress properly.

Jeremy

> Regards,
>
> Richard

Rob Stradling
Senior Research & Development Scientist
COMODO - Creating Trust Online
Office Tel: +44.(0)1274.730505
Office Fax: +44.(0)1274.730909
www.comodo.com

COMODO CA Limited, Registered in England No. 04058690 Registered Office:
   3rd Floor, 26 Office Village, Exchange Quay,
   Trafford Road, Salford, Manchester M5 3EQ

solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.  If
you have received this email in error please notify the sender by replying to
the e-mail containing this attachment. Replies to this email may be monitored
by COMODO for operational or business reasons. Whilst every endeavour is taken
to ensure that e-mails are free from viruses, no liability can be accepted and
the recipient is requested to use their own virus checking software.