On Tue, Oct 29, 2019 at 6:29 PM Paul Walsh <p...@metacert.com> wrote:

> On Oct 29, 2019, at 11:17 AM, James Burton <j...@0.me.uk> wrote:
>
> Hi Paul,
>
> I take the view that the articles on the CA Security Council website are a
> form of marketing gimmick with no value whatsoever.
>

> [PW] More useless feedback that only serves to insult someone trying their
> best to add value. As I’ve said *over and over again*, if browser vendors
> did what I recommended in the article, my own company's flagship product
> would be *rendered useless*. If you call that “a form of marketing
> gimmick" you should probably avoid going into marketing.

When I read the CA Security Council website around the two year mark, I
found the content more directed toward the marketing end to help CAs
promote expensive products such as extended validation certificates. My
opinion on the matter hasn't changed. This isn't  throwing insults at each
other, it's about improving web security and directing people to the wrong
conclusions which the CA Security Council has done is bad for the
improvement of web security.