That is my reading of the situation, that they're not doing an actual
certification of an enrollment without verifying the actual key-identity
binding.

In addition, I'm wondering if the concept of "third-party attestation" (of
identity) is even a thing anymore, given that most CAs issue certificates
for their own websites.

-Kyle H

On Mon, May 18, 2020, 22:58 Peter Gutmann via dev-security-policy <