On Wed, Oct 12, 2016 at 4:17 PM, Christopher Shannon <
christopher.l.shan...@gmail.com> wrote:

> The advisories are all listed here:
> http://activemq.apache.org/advisory-message.html

Thanks.  One difficulty here would be adding all the "topic" advisories,
since we don't really have the concept of a "topic" in Artemis Core.  I am
hoping to change this with:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ARTEMIS-780.  Which would expose
pub/sub at the Artemis Core level.  This should facilitate any equivalent
pub/sub (topic) advisories listed here.

> The only ones currently
> that I saw that were being sent from the OpenWireProtocolManager were for
> created/destroyed destinations and new connections.
>
> Obviously not all the advisories are currently possible to add but
> eventually would be nice to support them. In 5.x there's a plugin to handle
> the advisories but in Artemis maybe we could piggy back on the
> NotificationListener interface that is used for notifications to handle
> publishing advisory messages.  There's also the notion of replaying
> advisories for new connections which may not currently exist.  Ie when a
> new subscriber comes online to the consumer advisory topic we should replay
> all the consumers messages.

> For MQTT and STOMP, I agree that it may not necessarily make sense to track
> the producers since they don't exist in the protocol (or maybe we send it
> lazy on the first message send)  But for the CORE protocol I would think it

would be pretty straightforward to add a new packet type that a client
> could send and it could be tracked. I can work on a PR for it if everyone
> agrees it makes sense to track it.

I don't think I am quite sold on the lazy producer notifications idea :P.
But we can get into the details on the JIRA / PR.

> I don't currently have a JIRA created as I wanted to get a discussion going
> first.  Not sure if it makes sense to create individual JIRAs or create one
> JIRA for advisory support with sub tasks.

I tend to go with a single JIRA with subtasks for things like this.