if not 2.17, we could postpone it to 2.18... and then branch 2.17 into 2.17.x.

@Ryan Yeats: on your question, users requiring core client could stay
on such a 2.17.x branch.. while the broker could move into 2.18, 2.19,
while 2.17.x would stay on JDK 8.

So clients would have the option to move to JDK 11, or stay on JDK 8
with 2.17.x... same as you would with any other library. for instance
AMQP clients such as the ones from qpid would soon (if not already )
move towards JDK 11+.

How that sounds?

--
Clebert Suconic